Monday 21 April 2014

MERCEDES LEON LIMITED EDITION T-SHIRTS LAUNCH





As part of its commitment to support and nurture emerging home-grown talent, M&S has teamed up with Mercedes Leon, a London based graphic designer, to produce a capsule collection of t-shirt’s for this Summer.

 

Mercedes, who graduated with an MA in visual arts from Camberwell College of Arts London in September 2012, was commissioned to design a range of print designs to be used on four t-shirts within the Limited Edition collection.   Mercedes worked on the project from M&S’ Fashion Street Studio in East London.  Only 500 of each t-shirt will be made making them a sort after summer style!

 

Mercedes said; It’s been amazing to work with such a well-established and iconic brand.  The project has been both a challenge and a playground for me.  I’ve explored the concept of Summer and have developed several ideas based on my experiences and memories.  I’ve looked back to my childhood and have taken inspiration from trips to the museum, the coast and days spent at the swimming pool.

 

These designs bring memories, humour, desire and fun together.  I hope they will encourage us to laugh, dream and celebrate Summer.

 

I can’t wait to see my friends wearing them.  I want these t-shirts to make a statement: Summer is a (rather funny) attitude.”

 

Mercedes art work is filled with fun, creativity, humour and freshness which can be seen through her use of colour and illustrated drawings.



The four T-shirt designs, priced at £19.50 each, will go on sale in-store and online from 15thMay.


MARKSANDSPENCER.COM 

No comments: