Friday 23 September 2011

JOHN ROCHA SPRING/SUMMER 12

Drawing inspiration from notion as diverse as mythical wariors, fishing on the Amazon, his ongoing fascination with black lit paintings of Pierre Soulages, and the languid tones of Hank Williams.  The Spring Summer 12 Collection continues John Rocha's exploration of textures and structures and the stories they can tell........

As soon as model one came out I was taken in, John's collections just keep on getting stronger and stronger.  The was a notable absence of menswear but the women's definitely made up for it with colour palettes of trademark black aswell as honey, soft gold, rose and broken white.  When you see these pieces up close you appreciate just how much time goes into each piece, the structure, the volume and textures that creates modern silhouettes.  I particularly love the crochet pieces the detail is so hard to put into words, but when you look at the collection have an open mind we are all stylists in theory so there is a piece for all but we style it in our own signature style.  Every season there are certain shows I look forward to and John Rocha is always one of them after all JR was the first fashion show I ever attended at London Fashion Week and I just love watching collection after collection evolving....

Definite 10 out of 10 - perfect!

As always I would like to thanks team Bryan Morel and John Rocha for putting on a great show to which I always leave in fantasy.....

Please enjoy the photos courtesy of catwalking.com and the video of the finale I took from my seat...

































No comments: