Thursday 31 January 2013

Citizens of Humanity Launch Celebrity Tattoist Mark Mahoney and Michelin Star Chef Michel Rostang as the Latest "Just Like You" Participants

Denim brand Citizens of Humanity presents the latest installment of its philanthropic film series Just Like You, featuring the internationally celebrated tattoo artist Mark Mahoney, who is a master of fine-line black-and-gray tattoos and has been a major influence on the evolution of the craft for more than 30 years. “I worked hard at it,” Mahoney says in his Just Like You video for Citizens of Humanity. “Find out what you want to do and work hard at it. I’ve been working six or seven nights a week for 35 years because I love it. There’s nothing else I’d rather be doing.”

And it’s worked – Mahoney has tattooed the likes of Johnny Depp, Brad and Angelina, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, David Beckham One Direction and Cheryl Cole.

Mahoney started tattooing professionally in 1977, and in 2001 he opened the Shamrock Social Club on the Sunset Strip. Despite all his success, Mahoney still revels in being at the shop. “One of the things about the process that I love, is that while I’m doing it, I can get into the spot where I’m not thinking, I’m not feeling, it’s kind of like a spiritual state,” he says in the video. “People meditate for years, trying to get themselves to that zone, that by the grace of God I’m lucky enough to get into just about every night.” “I really feel like I’m still learning, and it’s constant and ongoing, and I don’t feel like I’m half as good as I want to be,” he says in the video. “I’ve succeeded in some things, but I feel like I’m just getting started in all this.”

Mark has designed an exclusive t-shirt, which is being sold on the Citizens of Humanity website with all proceeds going to his chosen charity Homeboy Industries, which provides hope, training and support to formerly gang involved men and women.

Watch Mark’s video and purchase the t-shirt here http://www.citizensofhumanity.com/#!justlikeyou


Mark Mahoney: Just Like You from Citizens of Humanity on Vimeo.






The second Just Like You participant this month is internationally renowned French chef Michel Rostang. Rostang is the chef and owner of several French gourmet restaurants, including restaurant Michel Rostang for which he has earned two Michelin stars. “I love everything about what I do,” Rostang says in his Just Like You video for Citizens of Humanity. “I still love being in the kitchen.”

Rostang comes from a family of chefs—he is the son of chef Jo Rostang of La Bonne Auberge in Antibes, which earned three Michelin stars. “I am very proud to be a fifth-generation chef,” he says in the video. “Since I lived in the restaurant, we were nursed by the various smells from a very young age. So it’s always been a vivid interest. It was written in the cradle.” Family is still very important to him, and he considers his business model a “family model.” He and his daughters, Sophie and Caroline, collaborated on a cookbook, Rostang Père & Filles, which includes more than 60 recipes.

Michel has designed an exclusive denim apron, which is being sold on the Citizens of Humanity website with all proceeds going to his chosen charity La Bonne Etoile, which provides care and support for abandoned children in Vietnam.

Watch Michel’s video and purchase the apron here http://www.citizensofhumanity.com/#!justlikeyou



Michel Rostang: Just Like You from Citizens of Humanity on Vimeo.









No comments: